Companionage by Dr.Bill Cushman
“Companionage is a French word from medieval times, used to define that…
“Companionage is a French word from medieval times, used to define that stage in the life of a person when formal education was over and learning happened by a direct exchange of secrets, from one craftsman to another. Under companionage a person would travel across Europe, staying in several towns, each for a while.
This way, a traveling blacksmith, for example, would stay with the town’s blacksmith to work with him, learn from him and share his own knowledge in return. By staying with blacksmiths from town to town, each would achieve mastery, go back home, set shop and start receiving their own ‘companions,’ other traveling blacksmiths eager to share and learn.”
So begins Enrique Enriquez’s introduction to Companionage. This astounding collection of effects and essays was compiled as a fundraiser to help Dr. Bill Cushman subsequent to illness and surgery that led to his being unable to work.
Companionage was assembled and formatted by Luke Shield and given a home at his site Imentalism. Dr. Bill has continued to struggle with further surgery, hospitalizations and treatments during which time Imentalism became part of Lybrary.com.
In the interim, Companionage was no longer available. Until now. 230 pages long, the list of contributors reads like a who’s who of mentalism:
- FOREWORD – Enrique Enriquez
- INTRODUCTION – Luke Shield
- THANK YOU – Bill Cushman
- SCISSORS PAPER STONE – Julian ‘Bev’ Moore
- BERNSTEIN’S BET – Bruce Bernstein
- CALL-CULATOR – Deddy Corbuzier
- HUN-DUN UNDONE – Christopher Taylor
- PURE – Andrew Gerard
- A DIFFERENT MIRRORING – Kenton Knepper
- PURE DEVILMENT – Peter Duffie
- LORD OF THE DANCE – Tony Iacoviello
- INNER EYE – Nick Morton
- PHOTOREALISM – Joshua Quinn
- FIRST CONTACT – WHAT TO SAY AFTER HELLO – Millard Longman
- GHOST IMAGE – Larry Becker
- THE POWER OF NEGATIVE THINKING & OTHER CURMUDGEONLY THOUGHTS – John Riggs
- REFLECTION ON A CHALLENGE – Patrick Kuffs
- IT’S NOT THE BIKE – Chuck Hickock
- PERFORMING MENTALISM IS A RISKY BUSINESS! – Chuck Hickock
- INTRODUCING YOURSELF EFFECTIVELY – Chuck Hickock
- INVISIBLE PROPS & BELIEVABILITY – Chuck Hickock
- WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A MORE SUCCESSFUL MENTALIST? – Chuck Hickock
- MY DISCLAIMER – Chuck Hickock
- THREE SHORT & SWEET – Greg Arce
- PORTABLE SPIRIT WRITING SYSTEM – Rich Henessey
- LIAR – Christopher Taylor
- CORBUZIER’S FREESTYLE ROUTINE – Deddy Corbuzier
- THREE STEPS TOWARD CONSCIOUSNESS – Ron Martin
- SCISSORS PAPER STOOGE – Julian ‘Bev’ Moore
- ENERGETIC WAVE & THINNER – Jerome Finley
- THE ONE & ONLY ‘NO CHAIR’ CHAIR ROUTINE – Will Tsai
- FREE CALL – Deddy Corbuzier
- VIEW TO A SKILL – John Bannon
- HEAD & SHOULDERS – Sean Waters
- A SOUND PHONE CALL FOR PHONY CHANGE – Patrick Redford
8 essays and 24 effects cover the entire range of mentalism by the best minds of our generation. The thought of Companionage lapsing into obscurity is unimaginable.
Some material has previously been published; most of these in rare and hard to find sources, but the majority of the contents were released for the first time in Companionage. Impromptu wonders fitting for audiences of all sizes, powerful close-up and stage effects are all included.
Essays cover invaluable information on nearly all aspects of putting together a powerful performance and how to sell YOURSELF once you’ve done so. There is even a fully scripted lecture on consciousness raising appropriate for a variety of venues.
Companionage was originally released in 2009, receiving rave reviews. Order now and find out why!
1st edition 2009; 231 pages.
word count: 62894 which is equivalent to 251 standard pages of text